Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Temple

I remember when the Temple in Las Vegas was announced and the excitement that was felt in my heart and in my family!  I remember dreaming of the day I could be married in that temple. (THAT DREAM DID COME TRUE). A temple in Sin City...Can I just say  it is the THE MOST GORGEOUS TEMPLE, and I am not one bit biased. 


Yesterday, I was able to feel that excitement all over again as I found out that President Monson, the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, announced a temple will be built right here in Payson, Utah!  Only about 2 blocks south and ten blocks west of us.  Within Walking distance!!!  WOW.  It's hard to express the gratitude and excitement I feel. 

I once again found myself contemplating the fact that my children very well could get their endowments and be married in the temple right here in their hometown.  I also look forward to spending much time there.  Temple attendance has been sporatic for me since I began having children, but I know that there is a season for each phase of our lives and soon the time will come when I can spend more time serving in the temple and soon I won't have to go very far at all.  Not that Provo is very far, but still I am so grateful that the Lord is blessing me and all the people who will benefit from a temple in Payson Utah!!!  WOW!!!    

No comments: