Monday, January 18, 2010

In love

When I first took a look at our home, I fell in love with the architecture, the upgrades and most of all how I felt in this home.  I fell in love with the way the previous owner displayed the kitchen.  I can remember a Kitchenaid mixer sitting in the corner of the countertop and that stuck with me.  When we moved from Las Vegas to Payson I decided that one purchase I had to make was a good mixer.  I had a  mixer that broke a few years after receiving it for a wedding gift.   I had a hand held mixer and then my mother in law gave me an old Bosch mixer, which held up for a few years.  So soon after making the move I headed to a sale at Kohls with my sister ,Bev, and I found my mixer..WHICH I LOVE!

Yesterday, I mixed up a batch of big chocolate chip cookies to go along with my primary lesson.  We talked about how Heavenly Father created our spirit bodies and then he sent us to earth to receive a physical body.  One of the wonderful aspects of having a physical body is we get to taste and eat food.  So I made these cookies to help the children remember how much fun it is to have a physcial body that can eat chocolate chip cookies.  My lovely mixer helped me accomplish the mixing portion of the task in just a few moments of my time.  Have I mentioned I LOVE my mixer!?!
My lovely model, Camilla, was kind enough to demonstrate how beautifully BIG these cookies are and volunteered to test taste them to make sure they were good enough to serve to my primary class.

Now I do enjoy the few THINGS I/we have acquired over our 15 years of marriage, but more than the "things" that enhance our lives.  I absolutely adore our children.  Yesterday I called to Camilla that it was time to get ready for church.  Camilla has required help in dressing most of the time and it's just something that I plan in to my morning routine.  Well, she told me that she was going to brush her teeth and wash up..so I waited, then I said, "Hurry up Camilla it's time to get dressed"...well then my Pearl came out to the livingroom all dressed, shoes and socks and she had a nice turquiose headband on.  I was so surprised and my heart filled up instantly and I got tears in my eyes.  For some this is not a big deal, for me and my Pearl it IS!!!  I did ask if we could put some curls in her hair for church and perhaps use something to hold her bangs back since they are a bit too long and maybe it could be lavendar or purple like her dress, she thought about it and then agreed to let me have my way.  So here is my Pearl, the girl I love most in this world.  The special, beautiful spirit that Heavenly Father sent to me (and her dad) who has taught me so much in her short 8 years of what a blessing and priviledge it is to be the mother of a girl.


         I am in love with my mixer, I appreciate it and what it does for me.  I could live without it though....
I AM IN LOVE WITH CAMILLA PEARL KERN!!!  I appreciate who she is in my life, I look forward to watching her continue to grow, develop, learn and blossom.  I am thankful that she will FOREVER be my daughter and that I can FOREVER be her mother.

No comments: