Wednesday, January 13, 2010

For the love of Shoes

Can I tell you a little shoe story??? Well of course I can, this is my blog.

When I was growing up in the mountains of southern Nevada, I had one pair of school shoes and one pair of church shoes. As I got older I began to realize that there were people who had more shoes than that, especially when I entered High School. When I went to work in the summers I would buy myself a few more pairs of shoes. When I went to BYU I realized that there were girls who had alot more shoes and clothing than I did, and some had shoes to match the clothing! I wanted that.

When I became a working woman I began my quest to purchase shoes that would match outfits. I enjoyed shoe shopping much more than clothes shopping. Being of a petit and stature, and larger than a size 2, clothing has never been one of my passions...I have to wear it and so I try to find articles that fit me. However, being single until I turned 30, I managed to attain some shoes.

When I was pregnant for Spencer, my first baby, my feet expanded. In length and width. I thought they would go back to "NORMAL" for me after some time of post-natal care. Didn't happen. I gave most of my shoes to my friend, Lisa, on one of her visits. I told her to come with an empty suitcase and she filled it up with what she wanted. So I said goodbye to my shoes and began to collect a new variety of shoes. I could no longer wear inexpensive shoes and since I had to learn to live on a teacher's salary, I began to revert back to my childhood. One pair of everyday shoes and one pair of church shoes..maybe two. I found shoes that were comfortable because I could not stand up in anything that wasn't comfortable. I found brands that worked for me, they were no longer the pretty little pumps and cute shoes of the moment, they were practical and long lasting. I still love shoes though and I enjoy brousing through a shoes store from time to time.

In my effort to organize my bedroom, I began with our closet a few weeks ago. I organized my shoes. I put them in pairs, instead of just laying anywhere they had been taken off on the closet floor. I also discarded a few pair that I did not wear any longer.

Today, I received a nice helpful email from HGTV on getting organized. I looked through the photos and instantly froze when I saw the organizational tip for SHOES...so here it is, the way our shoes should be put in their place. Below that picture you will find what I did to my own variety of shoes. Get ready..this is GOOD!!!!!!!!


TA DA!!!



My REAL closet and my REAL shoes



FOR THE LOVE OF SHOES!!!!

1 comment:

bevy68 said...

I love this it is so funny!! And the way you displayed your new Walking shoes is great! love ya