Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just Dance

Last week at Weight Watchers, yes I just admitted that I go to Weight Watchers...I finally said it on my BLOG!  Anyway, our group leader suggested that we put more movement in to our days, meaning exercise.  She had people give idea of how to add exercise in to their routines, especially people who do not like to exercise..which is the majority at a place like Weight Watchers.  The suggestion that stuck with me all week was to JUST DANCE.  That totally is something that I can do and love to do.  So as the week moved on I added more dance music to my playlist and when I was cleaning or hanging out somewhere around my computer I would turn up the music and just dance.  Sometimes I had a little partner...NEAL.  He is a very sassy dancer I must say.

Today I thought of how much I have enjoyed dancing over the years.  I remember turning 14, the official public dancing age of the LDS church, and being able to go to dances.  School dances and stake dances.  I remember standing on the side lines or sitting in a chair, which was so much worse, because in a chair you can not even pretend like you are dancing, and WAITING endlessly for some boy to ask me to dance.  I remember being a college student and loving to dance and dancing a bit more than I did  at high school or younger.  Still I never danced as much as I really wanted to, at least not in public.  I went to dances from the time I was 14 until I got married at the age of 30.  Then public dancing more or less ceased to exist.  Eric and I did make it to a few wedding receptions that had dancing and one valentine party, I believe that's what it was, that had dancing.

Anyway, today I thought of the time I finally decided I wanted to dance whether I had a partner or not, so I paid to take dancing lessons.  Country dance lessons to be exact.  I paid $500 for them.  I had SO MUCH FUN for about 5 weeks or so, then Eric asked me to marry him, I was elated.  So I added him to the dance lessons, so we could learn a few dances for our wedding reception..that is another story.  I remember how much fun I had just dancing with my instructor..he was really good and I loved being lead around the dance floor by him.  Some day I want to take dance lessons again and be led around the dance floor.  I also just love to turn on music and DANCE, no matter what it might look like. 

There are a few men I would love to JUST DANCE with...

1.. JOHN TRAVOLTA
2..DONNY OSMOND
3..LANCE MALONE
4..KEITH URBAN

AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST....RICK SPRINGFIELD!!!


But for now I am enjoying my new dance partner ...MR NEAL KERN!!!    

2 comments:

bevy68 said...

What...Lance Malone?? You did dance with him. I'm not so sure he is up to dancing these days. I'm sure he would rather be dancing. Have a dancing day. Love ya, Beverly

As the World "Kerns" said...

LOL!!! I know, I just wanted to have that feeling of dancing at a Prom with that first guy that I thought was such a GREAT dancer! I bet he wouldn't mind going to that night again either just for a break away from his "ROUTINE" Poor Lance.