Thursday, June 24, 2010

One Enchanted Evening...



Our friends Scott and Stephanie Church came to spend a few days with us last week.  We were able to enjoy time with friends from college days, eat good food, tour the Peteetneet museum, hike and enjoy visiting.  One evening we thought it would be nice to have our children stay at home and just the four of us take a nice romanticstroll around Salem Pond.  It was beautiful.  A little cloudy and cool, which just added to the romantic feeling in the air.  The surroundings were perfect.  Adding to the ambience was the opportunity to spend time with another couple that we love so much.

The intense sweet aroma of honeysuckle enveloped us as we slowly walked on the path near the pond. 
We were not content to just gaze upon it's beauty, but had to taste it's sweet nectar.
The nectar reminded me of  light, raw honey.
Not long after tasting the nectar of the honeysuckle flower, our romantic walk began metamorphasizing in to something a bit different.

Scott and Eric became inseparable for a short amount of time.  Becoming almost irate if we tried to seperate them.
 
Steph's beauty became intoxicating to me and she wanted to engage me in the "KOOKY MOONSTRUCK" dance.  As you can see it was quite fun!  

The moves are tricky.  I was concerned that Steph would fall from the fence in to the pond.  Just when I thought she would jump, we both broke out in song....the lyrics were something like, "I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell..." and "don't keep me hangin' on"  It was almost as if we were in our very own musical.

Then it was as if the clouds were going to burst and begin pouring water down on us, and next thing I knew I was standing next to Scott.  He looked and smelled just like a ROCKSTAR!  A sense of euphoria overtook me and all I could do was giggle like a silly school girl.  Scott was soon overcome by the same sense of glee and he too joined in the uncontrollable laughter.    
 

We were hanging on to each other so tight trying not to fall to the ground in abandoned merriment.


At the same moment that Scott and I were trapped in uncontrollable laughter; Eric and Steph discovered that they were both in black.  They began a period of mourning for the fish that was dangling from a lone fisher-woman's pole.  We do not have a photo of their weeping because Scott and I were laughing so much we just did not get that shot.  
Finally the solemnity of the occasion. The dead fish.  Pulled us out of our enchanted trance and we were able to bring back the romantic mood we had begun with
   
As you can see,
ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL.


4 comments:

bevy68 said...

I'm so glad that they were able to come up and that you guys had such a great time. Thanks for sharing your night of love and friendship...:)

Linde said...

Looks like you had fun. I love taking walks like that...been a while without Jacob! :)

As the World "Kerns" said...

Bev, I'm so glad they came as well. Maybe sometime you and Chad can take that walk with us?! Do you dare?? hee, hee.

Linde, It was fun. It's been nice having Spencer old enough to watch out for his younger siblings, I remember the days before that was the case and most of our walks were family walks. We still like doing that alot as well, but it is nice to have some one on one time.

Stephanie said...

Yes, what a moonstruck night that was in Salem! Beautiful scenery, Fine company and who would have thought so many strange things would occur! LOVE it! Great rendition of events Nez. Thanks for to both you and Eric taking that stroll with us! And I agree - it's great when your kids get old enough to manage a short time w/out you watching younger siblings:-)