Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A little something...

Spencer cleaned his room in preparation for our friends to come stay. He was able to fill 3 1/2 white garbage bags with school papers he saved through out his 8th grade school year. His teachers told him to save the papers, "JUST IN CASE". My mom has my shredder or else we may have shredded, but probably not. It's hard enough to get a 14 year old to clean our his closet and room, shredding would probably be asked a little too much. All that hard work just shipped to the dump. His room looks nice though.


Camilla came out of her room one morning shortly after school was out. She was dressed for some summer fun. She decided to sit and tell stories. She loves to tell stories, she makes them up, or changes stories that she knows just a bit. This day she told about the "Ugly Duckling". I have a movie, but don't know how to upload it yet. Eric decided to snap a few pictures of her and this on is my favorite. She reminds me of "Mother Goose"


Neal really loves his HAT! He's very good at keeping it on. Which I am so thankful for, it has saved him from a summer sunburn so far. There are many things that Neal does NOT LIKE to do that I'd like him to do, but this is one area that we agree on. He should wear his hat outside.

Today I am working on making out a menu for the month of July. I Have accomplished the menu. Added a few new recipes to try. Now I am prepared to make the Costco and Walmart lists for the month. Tomorrow is Pay Day! We are so thankful that Eric has a job and that we can look forward to a Pay Day.

This month, by the 20th as I was rechecking our account balances. I discovered that I had not calculated correctly for our June living expenses. So we had $10 to live off of until the 30th...which is TOMORROW!
Guess what???
We are still alive!
June has been an AWESOME month.
I'll be gone most of tomorrow so I would just like to say....
I loved spending time with my family and friends this last month.
Hope to catch up with more family and friends in July.
There are a few friends that I haven't seen in awhile and hope to catch up with them in July.

I look forward to Eric having a few weeks off in July as well.
Thanks for working so hard!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linde said...

Wow! You are soooo good making one trip for food for the month! I'll have to chat with you about what/how you do it. Do you still go to the store for fruit/veggies that don't last for a month?

Glad that $10 stretched for you!! YOu must be paying your tithing.

As the World "Kerns" said...

It's a learning process. Yes, I still go to the store to get fresh fruit and vegies, milk. But when we don't have much money..we eat our canned fruit and vegies.

I agree, the Lord does take care of us.

Stephanie said...

Wow! We'll have to plan to come visit you more often if it's motivation for Spencer to clean his room - that is SO funny!

So glad you're handy w/the $.