Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4th


http://http//www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/noel/angl/gui.htm go to this link and learn a bit about kissing under the mistletoe. Have you been kissed under the mistletoe? We used to hang mistletoe in our home as I was growing up and I can remember playing games where we'd kiss each other if we saw someone standing under it. We'd find mom and dad kissing under it at times and giggle. I have been surprisingly kissed under mistletoe when I was growing up, in my college apartment and a few other areas where there was mistletoe. It is a fun tradition. I better run and buy some mistletoe and see if Eric notices when he comes home!


Camilla kissed Neal today as he was finishing up his breakfast. She has been asking about kissing a bit more recently and laughing if she sees anyone kissing and say's "They're in love" or "Ewwww" those kind of things. Well, today she told me, "I'm just giving Neal a little kiss, because he is so cute, not a big MOOCH!" LOL..she said, "Mooches mean you are in love, I can't be in love with Neal, I just think he's so cute." I said, "It's okay to give kisses to each other in our family because we do love each other." She said, "I know mom, but we shouldn't be MOOCHIN on each other." Ha, ha.


I always say to my little ones..."Give me a smoochie on my moochie" It was just something silly that came out of my mouth, it stuck and lasted for YEARS and so I guess Camilla has taken it in her own way and now a kiss between two people who are being romantic with each other has evolved in to a MOOCH.


I hope you get some Mooches under the Mistletoe this Christmas season..or at least a few pecks of friendship and goodwill.

No comments: