Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas trees


Here is a portion of our family Christmas Tree. We've had this tree for many years and enjoy putting it up each Christmas. Most ornaments have a memory attached to them. Several were made by my mom. Some were made by the kids. Some were made by their Aunt Stacy. Some were given by friends. It's great to look at it and just enjoy how the kids arranged the ornaments.

I remember growing up with real pine trees for Christmas, which I loved. I also remember a few times driving with my family to a place in Nevada to cut trees. Sometimes for church fund raising and other times for family and friends and to make a few extra dollars. Trimming the tree was always fun and exciting growing up and even as a grown up. I remember my mom handing out ornaments, dad put on the lights..etc. Now it's that way in my own family. Eric puts on the lights, now Spencer helps, and I hand out the ornaments to my kids.

How I enjoy having a Christmas tree real or fake, it brings so much joy to the season!

1 comment:

Joy Hollingshaus said...

So pretty! Fun memories too. It still kind of shocks me when I realize now I am the "adult" instead of the kid!
P.S.--Next time I'm in Utah, we can try and do a family pic if you want.