Thursday, July 9, 2009

Project

Today I had a project to complete to prepare for tomorrow. Tomorrow is a clothing exchange put on by the LDS stake that my sister,Bev is in. I've been gathering gently used clothing that others have given us and we either can't wear or is not our style. As well, I went through our closets to see what we could pass along. Not too many kids clothes because my sisters and I pass our children's clothing around to each other. So below is the beginning of my project...Spencer put all of the containers and bags out in the garage for me.
I then went through everything and sorted by size, men's, women's and some shoes.

Then I bagged everything and wrote on the bags the contents and sizes.

Then loaded everything in to the back of Bev's van. There are a few things that I'm passing to Bev and returning to Bev, but the majority of the contents are for the exchange.


It feels really good to be passing these things out of my home and garage and hopefully someone else will get good use out of these clothes, shoes etc.
Tomorrow the project is to go to the exchange and look for some things that are needed for my kids, husband and me. It is a great way to save money and recycle and to be honest it just really feels good inside. My sisters and I have been sharing clothes among ourselves since we were single at home, then we began doing that when we had babies and have continued. I don't think I have bought one single item of clothing for Neal yet..I have purchased some socks and hats...but that's it as far as clothes. I have purchased very little for Spencer, Camilla, Eric and I as well since Bev told us about this exchange. This will be my third year attending; I really look forward to it.
Okay..I'm off to make dinner.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You've been busy! It's great that your stake coordinates that. I agree w/you completely, it feels GREAT when you're able to clean out your closets and help someone else out at the same time!

Linde said...

I think that is a good idea. There are always things that you can use.

A lady in my ward was done with kids and gave me 4 huge bags of boys' clothes to go through, ages 0-2T. It helps so much!!

As the World "Kerns" said...

I agree, with both of you. It's not my stake though, it's Bev's I wish I could get my stake going on it. I've even tried putting bugs in ears here in our ward..but nothing yet. My friends here in the ward have helped me so much with clothes for Neal as well. I can't use everything, but now that Bev has two...she certainly will! Love you both!