Thursday, June 25, 2009

A few simple pleasures

We have received a lot of rain this month and one afternoon I just happened to be looking out my back door and there was this beautiful rainbow in the clouds..I've never seen a rainbow when it's still this cloudy, usually the sun is out and blue skies. I had to snap the picture. I told my kids to come see it and we all enjoyed how it made us feel.

We have a momma Robin that made a nest in one of our trees. We have been watching and finally noticed a little beak pop out. We've watched her feed her little babies. I tried to take this picture as close as I could...hopefully you can see the Momma and her baby. We have tried to snap pictures of our humming birds, but so far we haven't been able to get a good clear shot. We enjoy sitting out on our front porch and watching the birds.

4 comments:

Linde said...

That is a GREAT shot of the rainbow!!

Linde said...

What you need to do is YOU plan your next reunion and let everyone know what the agenda is. :) If you're in charge then you get to pick. :)

Stephanie said...

What NEAT photo's! Love it!

As the World "Kerns" said...

I have to wait until it comes back around to me..but I'm already thinking about it. I do enjoy finding out what others do for their reunions. We just returned from a big reunion and it was fun to see all the cousins..we are all aging..ha, ha.