Thursday, July 16, 2009

Travel

Yesterday I took my friend, Dawn, to lunch for her birthday. We have not been able to get together and leave Payson in a very long time. So we went to Spanish Fork (Which is about 5 miles north of Payson) for lunch at Jaxies..it was delish. We laughed and talked and enjoyed our time away. We also took a drive which led us south of Payson to Santequin, (5 miles south of Payson). Still talking, enjoying our time together and checking out all the landscaped yards that we could find.

When I returned home. I was greeted by our daughters who are both named Camilla and are best of friends just like their mothers. They were deep in play and dressed to the hilt..so I asked them what they were doing. They informed me that they were travelling, they were in Mexico and then Argentina. I just had to take their picture:

Then a while later they came walking upstairs on their way to another destination of the world..CHINA! My Camilla informed me that they were in China staying with a Chinese friend who speaks english because they do not speak chinese. I asked if I could take their picture and this is what I got:


As they continued on, after their photo was taken; they began to talk to each other about returning home. They said they had been gone a long time and that now it was time to go home.
So as I watched them descend the stairs back to their home I thought of how Dawn and I had enjoyed our little get away which took us to the far away places of Spanish Fork and Santequin and how our girl's seemed to manage to travel the WORLD in just a little over an hour!!! I was also in awe of how they were dressed for their travels and I made a mental note that the next time Dawn and I venture out on a little trip away from Payson perhaps we should do it with the style of our daughters and find some amazing HATS to wear. I bet that would make it even more of an adventure!!! How I love these beautiful little girls and the fun they have together. How I love Camilla Rose's mother, Dawn, and the fun we have together. Happy birthday my sweet friend; I hope it was a magical day for you even though I did not take you to CHINA.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a great story! Love how you and your best friend and your two girls traveled the valley and world in just one afternoon! Makes you realize, "...girls just wanna have fuuuunnnnn...!" and will find a way to do it, ha!