Saturday, July 11, 2009

Family Reunion


We attended a Sanders family reunion over the fourth of July weekend. I just have a few shots that I thought I'd post. The first one is of my baby brother, Danny and our baby, Neal..I just thought this was a great shot!

Some of my cousins...Clista, Darwin, Maxine and her husband, Scott, standing behind is Darwin's son and Jeri...These are all my aunt Maurine's children.


Uncle Robert, Aunt Marie, Aunt Maurine, dad and standing is Aunt Dorothy. We sure missed Uncle Deon at this reunion. These are the sons and daughters of John F. and Venna May Sanders. Uncle Deon passed away in January of this year and Aunt Marie is his wife.

Camilla and Kaitlyn (John and Stacey's daughter)
We had lots of fun visiting with family members that we don't get to see except at reunions. Hopefully we can see each other before the next reunion. I think Uncle Robert said 144 were in attendance.




6 comments:

Stephanie said...

How great that you got to see all your family! Did you camp out?

Stephanie said...

BTW: LOVE the new photo of the iris on your header. It's beautiful - perfect! Is it one in your yard?

Linde said...

How fun. 144--that is a lot of people, but you get that far out in generations and you get that many people!

Glad you had fun! When are we getting together? Last we talked about it was in June and I gave some dates, but never heard back. I know it is busy! :)

Kevin and Tiffany Hanson said...

Looks like fun! Eric taught part of the class I went to today! I saw ya at church Sunday, but didn't make it over to say hi before you disappeared! Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.

As the World "Kerns" said...

Steph, yes we camped one night, the kids in a tent, Eric, I and Neal in my parents trailer. The Iris bloomed about a month ago; it was my favorite. I love the really dark purple ones as well, they look almost black. I need to take pictures of the daisies that are in bloom now.

As the World "Kerns" said...

Linde..sorry, I need to check those dates again. I do want to get together.

Tiffany, How funny that you were in Eric's class. Wish I could sit in on one sometime. See if he's really as good as others have told me he is..ha, ha. Talk to you soon.