Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Making Invitations

This year is the first year that Eric and I agreed to have a "friend/family" birthday party for Camilla. She turned 8 on the 27th of July. She has been excited about this birthday party for several weeks and decided a few months ago that she wanted a Raggedy Ann themed party. So set out to find Raggedy Ann supplies...and didn't have luck finding any that were in my price range. So I decided to use things we had to make invitations! Yes, you read this correctly I MADE THEM MYSELF!!
I have a few good friends that are amazing card makers and I appreciate their talents and have enjoyed using the cards they have made for me to write in and send to others. I feel like I am all thumbs when I try to do anything crafty or homemade, even though I love the way homemade crafts look..when they are made in someone else's home.
So below you will find the sampling of my first homemade invitations:My red table work space
The first finished invite

The other side of the invite.

Notice the date....
Thankfully, Dawn informed me before I sent any others out. I don't know why I put September??!! I am so thankful for computers and the ability to quickly change one word.

The corrected version.

The finished product and cleaned workspace..

All ready to be delivered.
Stay tuned for pictures of the PARTY!!!
Camilla and I were going to do these together, but she tired out on me before I could finish the first one. I guess she is more like me than I realized. At least Raggedy Ann stayed around to give me good KARMA.
I will not be going in to the card making business....just in case you were thinking of making an order, hee, hee!!!


3 comments:

Linde said...

Those are darling! Soooo cute!! I am the same with making cards...not my thing, but your's turned out so cute.

What a great mom you are!

As the World "Kerns" said...

Thanks Linde.

Stephanie said...

You did a great job Inez! You fooled me on the first photo w/the name on it, I'm like, "Wasn't this party for her daughter? Who's Camilla Adams? Ha, then I read on and realized you'd made individualized invites - very impressive! I bet the REAL Camilla Kern was excited!