Monday, March 2, 2009

Turning 45 and other things...


Here's me, 45, no makeup, no color in my hair, except the remnants of months ago. I begin March with a resolve to start shedding pounds, and now that the pain of surgery is gone adding exercise in to my days. I am actually feeling more at peace being 45, since I've managed to make it two days out and am feeling rather good, didn't die or lay down on the bed and not get up. I think it will be a good year. I was able to have lunch with my sister's, Bev and Wanda. We ate at the Olive Garden, one of my favorite places. We laughed and talked and enjoyed each other. They took me to a store called Rod Works and bought me a wall hanging, I'll take a photo when I get it hung. It was a great day! Eric took care of the kids and I was also able to get some shopping done. I felt good and it was sunny!


Here are some random pictures and soon I'll be posting pictures of the WII, or the kids playing it. Spencer was able to get it on Friday night and Spencer and Camilla had non-stop fun with it this weekend. So fun to watch them!



Neal laughing at Eric...he sure missed his daddy and it is so much fun to see them together.

Eric in Arizona with his friends, taking a break from their conference to check out the Miss Gay USA pageant. They took a picture with this lovely drag queen. Eric said, "She/he was very muscular!"


While I was gone with my sisters, Bev and Wanda, Eric hung out with the kids, this is one photo of Neal after his bath, I think it's priceless!



Eric gave me a chocolate moose(SP?) pie and put 45 candles on it...We huffed and we puffed...




Look how scared Camilla is (LOL), we thought the pie was going to burn! It's dang hard to blow out 45 candles! But I finally did it after about 4 or 5 tries. Okay, I seriously need to color my hair and shed the pounds...oh well, at least I'm still alive!





Birthday Roses from my wonderful parents!






4 comments:

Kevin and Tiffany Hanson said...

Sure hope y'all are loving the Wii as much as we do! If you are getting into exercising and can manage it...get a Wii Fit. It is a blast. I love mine. In fact, Kevin bought it and shipped it to me, but was so excited...he had to tell me before I even got it. Then, I didn't open it for a week or so (time issues =0)) Yeah...wished I had sooner once I did. Anyway...glad to see you had a wonderful birthday and all is well. Thank you so much for all your care and concern.

Linde said...

Fun post Nez! I'm getting my hair cut and colored on Friday. I can't stand it any more! It has been 6 months since I've done had it cut or colored--that is probably why I leave it long--so I don't have to go in as often to get it cut!

Glad you had a fun b-day!!

Sanders said...

Camilla DID look scared!lol Forty-five must be a good age! Sounds like you had a great day. Show us your wall hanging...

Stephanie said...

Wow! That's all I can say, WOW!!! And I thought I was busy!