Friday, March 27, 2009

Mt. Charleston Memory

Today I have been working on continuing to clean out Spencer's old bedroom upstairs, it has become a catch all. Well, needless to say, it's almost finished. I found my BIG TOTE of pictures and have scanned some in for facebook, but as I saw these it brought back a fun memory with the Church family and Mt. Charleston. We took the kids on a hike to Robber's Roost, which is located up Deer Creek Canyon.

Eric, Tess, Spencer, Cameron and Scott.
I taught them how to sniff ponderosa pine trees, just like Maryetta Farrer taught me when I was a teenager. Most trees are Chocolate, Strawberry or Chocolate. That day I believe we found some caramel and Mint Chocolate-Chip. As you can see Scott is really getting in to it, so I believe this one had to have been Mint Chocolate-Chip.

This must have been Scott's favorite tree, I think he tried to eat some of the bark...
(Just kidding, I just wanted to take this great picture of my great friend)
I have been missing my friend a lot lately, guess it's just been too long since we've been able to get our families together at least we have email and Steph has a great blog now.
Just wanted to share a fun memory for me. I love my memories of Mt. Charleston and I love my family and I love my friends who do crazy things with me!



5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Scott will love this post! I'll have to tell him he's featured working out his sense of smell on a chocolate tree! Cool memories. I can't remember now why I didn't go.

As the World "Kerns" said...

I think you were watching Collin and Camilla if I remember correctly.

Stephanie said...

That's right, you're right, I remember now! See, you do have a good memory:0)

Scooter said...

LOL! Nez, leave it to you to post a picture of me 'huffing' trees of all things. My family and some who know me well enough will not find this as a surprise since they know me as a bit of a tree addict. My sister Kim still tells the story of my very 'articulate' cry of disappointment once when we moved from one house to another and I commented that the new yard had no trees, just one. And now I've spent almost 12 years in the low desert. Go figure!

As the World "Kerns" said...

Yes, that would explain why you're always running up and hugging trees! Getting physical with your Arizon Cacti, is not as easy. LOL. You do look mighty find standing next to a nice tall tree!