Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Surgery

Yesterday morning I had HERNIA surgery. I've been suffering with it for several months, and finally had an ultrasound, which determined I did indeed have a hernia on the right side. The surgeon thought it was an inguinal hernia, but when they went in to operate they found out it was an incisional hernia, from the c-sections. So the surgeon did the three poke holes in my belly button area and then had to do an incision as well. I was to check in at 6:15 am, I had to wait several hours yesterday morning because of a mix up in scheduling, I'm not exactly sure what time the surgery took place, and it hurt to put the IV in, that's never easy for me, it ended up in my wrist. The last thing I remember is being wheeled in to surgery and seeing different lights and people, then I must have fallen in to the deep anesthesia sleep. When I woke up, a nurse was talking to me asking how I felt and I saw my surgeon and I HURT. So they quickly gave me morphine, which helped a little bit, then I was wheeled in to a recovery area and given more pain pills and kept sleeping. The bleeding to awhile to stop in my belly button. So Eric brought me home around 4:30 pm and I ate some yogurt, took a pain pill and went to bed. I've been sleeping and taking pills and typing a bit each time I wake up. I'm hoping to feel better in a few days, but I can't lift anything until the doctor sees me on the 27th...then I'll find out what I can do.

2 comments:

Gone said...

Inez...

Thanks for the visit today. It's people like you who keep me blogging. Even though I love doing it...it's when I get comments such as yours. Your words brought tears to my eyes. Bless you!

I am immediately putting you on our Prayer List on our blog. Dear, you've had a rough week, with the loss of your Uncle Deon and your surgery and recovery!

Tom and I will be praying for you and so will others.

~Blessings,
Jan

Aaron said...

Oh No! I had an inguinal hernia in high school, but I didn't have a really good excuse like children. =) Hope you are feeling much much better!