Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Valentine Box

Camilla worked diligently to create a special Valentine's box.
This box will collect all of the valentine cards handed out by her classmates tomorrow.
She was a bit concerned that she might have the BIGGEST box.
However, I told her that it needed to be that big to properly display her artwork!
She's very excited for tomorrow's party and the cards and treats.
These are the cards she will be depositing in her friend's Valentine boxes.  Camilla said "I know the boys will not like the fairy cards, but they will like the suckers".

Oh to be back in 2nd grade making a Valentine box or card holder and knowing that it will be filled with cards expressing sweet nothings and treats!!!  And having the ability to deposit cards in everyone's box without someone wondering if it "means something". 

I remember loving Valentine's Day in elementary school.  Not liking it so much in Jr. High, when it became a bit awkward.  Feeling left out most of the time in High School with Valograms and Flowers...every now and then a sweet girl friend would send me a carnation or something.  Then always having my hopes up in College that some certain someone would perhaps think of me on that day with a card, or flowers, or candy and not experiencing those dreams coming true.  One Valentines day I received an office filled with cards, candy, flowers, stuffed animals etc., etc...a real dream come true for a girl like me...but NOT FROM THE ONE I WANTED IT FROM!!  LOL. 

Luckly Eric came along and restored my love of Valentines Day!

Well, enough of that..back to the Valentine Box.  Wouldn't it be nice if we all had a Valentine Box outside our front doors and they'd get filled up with cards and expressions of love and caring.  But I guess that those kinds of boxes are better left for 2nd graders and in classrooms where the teacher makes sure everyone is remembered.

I hope all those who read this post feel loved and remembered and hopefully not just on Valentines Day, but every day.  And even if you don't have a Valentine Box this year...hear's a special Valentine for you from ME!

No comments: