Sunday, February 28, 2010

Happy Birthday to Lisa and Me too!!!

I met Lisa when we were freshmen at BYU.  We spent lots of fun times together that year and were able to begin a friendship and sisterhood that has continued to this day.  Lisa and I attended a few concerts together that year, some religious devotionals and firesides, skied, laughed, talked and tried to get a tan laying on the roof of May Hall along with Linde and maybe a few other friends.  We have spent all the years since then building upon the friendship we began as college friends.

Lisa is physically beautiful; and when we would walk anywhere together guys would crank their heads so far around you'd think they were owls, just to take a longer look at her.  Infact, just the other day when we were walking on the indoor track at the high school, a young man turned around and ran backwards just so he could have a good look at Lisa!  (hee, hee)   I appreciate her beauty and quickly learned that her personality is even more beautiful and bright than her beautiful face.  Lisa was always fun to be with in college and I have found that to be true every single moment I get to spend with her.  I always come away from time spent with Lisa feeling better about myself and happier for having spent time with her.

Since we moved to Utah, Lisa and I, have been able to spend more time with each other.  We only live about 20 minutes apart and it's been so wonderful having more time to share moments of our lives together.  Lisa is the kind of friend that simply makes life better for me.  When Lisa was called and informed that I'd be taken to Timpanogas Regional Medical Center by ambulance because of complications with my pregnancy; she showed up.  She was there and even though I do not remember seeing her, the last thing I heard before everything went black for me, was Lisa whispering in my ear to let me know she was there.  I've heard her and Eric speak of that moment in time and how thankful I am that Lisa was there for Eric at a scarey time.

Last year when I had to have hernia surgery, she would come in the mornings and take care of Neal.  It was so much fun to hear her cooing to him and giving him a bath and I could rest knowing that she was playing with him and taking such good care of him.  I have admired Lisa's love for children the entire time I have known her and now she get's to begin showering that love on grandchildren, yes, Lisa is going to be a grandma!!!  She is so EXCITED!  I am excited for her and for her family.  She will be a fantastic grandma.

Lisa has done several things for me over the years I've known her, and there is no way I could put down on paper what all of that has meant to me, but I count her as one of my greatest blessings and am thankful to be one of her friends. 

Lisa was born on February 28th and I was born the day after, the 29th in 1964.  She was born in Wyoming and I was born in Nevada.  Is is possible that we may have  known each other in the Spirit World that we lived in before coming here to Earth??...it will be fun to find out someday.  All I know is that I am so thankful and it brings me so much happiness to know that we will go on building our friendship eternally.  To have a friend that I can call sister is so precious and the best kind of gift.

I love you Lisa Dew.  Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!  (and me too!!) 

1 comment:

Linde said...

Hope you both had a great day!! :)