Friday, February 19, 2010

Crafts and me....

I am not a crafty person, I have a really hard time using a glue gun, cutting straight, following directions etc.,
etc.
But, I saw a few things and so I decided to try my hand at it to keep my hand from grabbing food and depositing it in my mouth.  This is what I did this week...
A ladybug barret for Camilla
A ladybug ring for Camilla
Then this is what I worked on today...I burned my finger tips and I cursed in my mind and I was really ready to throw it away..but I finished it.  It's made with an old formula can!  I found the directions on a website, so it's not my original idea at all..I'll have to see how I feel tomorrow to see if I want to make anymore..I have a lot of formula cans that I saved just incase I might want to do something with them.

You don't have to tell me how well I did, but please don't tell my fragile ego how easy these are or how horribly I messed up the ribbon that I glued on TWICE.  Oh and also...I AM FEELING VERY TENSE NOW!!!
Gotta go..time to pick up children.  Oh and by the way...Neal was not happy at all that I spent time crafting...he's is darn tired of taking care of himself....LOL!!!

3 comments:

Linde said...

I love how you said you now feel TENSE! Something that should make you feel happy, etc. That is SOOOOOO how I feel about anything having to do with glue guns and scrapbook paper. There is some satisfaction, but more stress. That is why I like a blog. No glue, no mess, get it out, put it away...easy! :) But what you did is very cute! So more power to you.

As the World "Kerns" said...

Thanks Linde! I'm glad to know that we are sisters in yet another way! I appreciate home-made items; and I keep trying. Although I have yet to do any more this week..ha, ha. I love writing..that's my passion. Someday I'll have "all the time in the world" to write all I want to..hee, hee. Can't wait to see you soon.

Stephanie said...

Glad to see you perservered w/the hot glue gun Inez! Love the ladybug barrett and I can tell that Camilla really appreciated your efforts! Way to craft chick!