Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What a difference a day makes...

On Sunday we took a drive up in to Payson Canyon to see the beautiful Fall colors, they were spectacular!! Pictures do not really show the brilliance of color, but here is a sampling.
On Monday evening we had a gathering with family and friends. Our friends, Rod and Kathi, came to Utah to bring their son to College and are visiting for a week, so we had a mini reunion with Lisa, Butch and Bev since we all met at BYU (just a few years ago...). My parents were able to come as well and we had a fun time visiting and eating.
Me, Butch, Bev, Rod and Lisa (holding Clark). Yes, you have read about all of these wonderful people on my blog, they are part of the supporting cast in my life story so they do show up in the exciting chapters! Well, not on the blog, but in the NOVEL....stay tuned for that one.
WOAH!!! On Tuesday night I made a daring choice and got my hair cut. Now I'll keep working on thinning out the face so that I have the simple, yet classic look that I'm shooting for. In my 40's I am continuing to lean toward the goal of "simplify". Less time worrying about hair and makeup while I'm running around after a 19 month old, 8 year old and 14 year old. Camilla informed me that I look like Spencer. I told her that was the plan...ha, ha. Not really, but well, if I look like Spencer then so be it. I don't think he'd enjoy being told that though.
Fall is in full swing, I'll be posting our fall decorations soon and more on our trip to the canyon. It's raining today and it's pay day, so I need to get to work on spending all that hard earned money....


4 comments:

Linde said...

Wow! You are brave!! It looks really cute. Who cut it? I don't know if I have the guts to do that! Would make life easier in the a.m! :) I really like it!

As the World "Kerns" said...

Thanks Linde, Nicole cut it.

I wasn't really planning to go this short, but so far I've liked it. It takes a bit of getting used to. Remember when you used to wear your hair short? I think you are beautiful with longer hair, you're hair is nice and thick and healthy looking; mine was just getting too thin in places..driving me nuts!

Stephanie said...

Three cheers for simplicity!!! Hoorah! Hoorah! Hoorah! Love it Nez... BTW: I went through that phase when I was pregnant w/Collin - luckily for me I grew out of it, but it looks good on you:0)

As the World "Kerns" said...

Thanks Steph, I'm getting used to it, I think.