Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fall

This is what I found a few days ago...I thought he would fall on his head..He was holding himself up with his hands and trying to balance, when he'd try to get up, his head would hit the other wood piece that secures the stool. He was stuck and half laughing half crying. So I had to snap the picture..The first day of Fall.
My parents came by today and brought with them a bounty of food. Squash, bottled peaches, pear jam, pears (fresh) from dad and mom's pear tree. The large squash is a banana squash and I decided to add it to our dinner..or a few pieces anyway, SO DELICIOUS and a very FALL tasting food. The squash next to it is a spaghetti squash, I'm excited to try it.

Here's a piece of the finished cooked squash. I cooked it in the microwave for about fifteen minutes, there were four pieces like this. My kids love it with butter and salt/pepper. I just put it with my other food and it tasted YUM to me. Very smooth. Thanks Dad for giving us this yummy squash.
I love the colors of Fall and the food of Fall. I also love how the temperatures cool down, the mornings and evenings are cool enough to put a sweater or sweat shirt on. I love how people decorate with bails of straw or hay and pumpkins, gords and scarecrows! It's fun to walk the neighborhood and see people's artistic talent in their front yards or on their front porch. I love the flowers of fall as well.
I'm glad I'm here and get to enjoy another Fall in Utah,

2 comments:

Linde said...

That is hilarious--the picture of Neal! I love pictures like that. Not that I want my child to be in pain, but it is soooo funny!!

Stephanie said...

I hope your camera was close by... Poor baby - having to wait for Mommy to take his picture for her blog before being un-stuck, ha (just kidding)! Kids are great - and so are camera's! And...Yum, I love squash!