Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chocolate-Chip Zucchini muffins/Bread

My dad brought me some zucchini and we have been enjoying it raw and cooked, but I felt like something sweet..so I found this recipe and tried it yesterday. It's delicious and it's even better the day after. So moist and the kids love it so they are getting a bit of vegetable with all their sugar..ha, ha. Hope you try it and enjoy if you have an abundance of zucchini in your garden; or a great dad who shares his garden goodies with you! LOVE YOU DAD!!! I also appreciate all my sweet neighbors who have been sharing. One of these years we will have a garden. Let me know if you try it and how you like it!!!


CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI MUFFINS ORBREAD

3 eggs
1 c. vegetable oil
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 (1 1/4 c. crushed pineapple, drained)
3 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. chocolate chips
1 c. chopped walnuts


Combine eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla; beat until smooth and thickened. Stir in zucchini and well drained pineapple, flour, soda, baking powder, salt, spices. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
Spread batter in 2 greased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pans or in muffin cups, filling cups to about 1/2 full. Bake loaves at 350 degrees 1 hour or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Bake muffins at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

4 comments:

Danny and CaraDee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danny and CaraDee said...

Thank you fo posting this I can't wait to cook some. They sound so yummy!

Linde said...

Mmmm...sounds great! I'll have to try it. Love how we take food that is generally OK tasting and zest it up with chocolate!! ;)

Stephanie said...

Looks good... Tempting...