Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cavities..

Today was a visit to the dentist for Eric and I. We have not been since we had Neal. We've taken Spencer and Camilla, but neglected to get there ourselves. So, Eric told me to set up appointments for Spring Break. Me, being the obedient wife (LOL!) made the appointment.

X-rays were taken, teeth cleaned. I remarked about a problem area I have where food is very difficult to clean out, they called it a food pocket. I also have another problem area in which I had oral surgery on when I was in my 20's. So the hygienest cleaned my teeth, it was less painful than I expected. I was gripping on to the chair with all the strength I have in my fingers and my knuckles were threatening to protrude through my skin! I think I have a fear of dentist!
Then it was time for polishing, that felt nice and gritty.

The dentist came in and talked to me about my two problem areas. One has a small cavity way down close to the nerve; thinks he can take care of it with a filling. The other was just replaced with a filling not too long ago, but there is a hole where the food is collecting...yuck, so he has to take the filling out, and clean the area and put a new one in, plus add some extra filling material so there won't be as much of a space between those two teeth.

So I sit in the waiting room listening to Eric having a very nice conversation with the dentist, who is from Las Vegas. He then comes out to tell me all is well, no problems. I smile and say, "I have two cavities!" He laughs and makes a remark like this, "I haven't even flossed for 4 months and you are always brushing and flossing", then he does his famous Eric laugh.

So, my kids and husband don't have any cavities, again it's ME! Oh well, I guess that the money has to be spent on something, might as well be on my teeth this time.

So next week I have to go sit in the dentist chair again, have a shot and listen to that awful drill, while trying to keep my mouth open!!! Maybe I'll take my MP-3 player and listen to MY MUSIC! I'm sure Rick has a few songs that will get me through two fillings...or at least help me feel a bit more relaxed, ha, ha, ha!

4 comments:

Sanders said...

I'll bet you just wanted to smack him when he did that famous laugh! I can hear it now... :o)

As the World "Kerns" said...

Yep!! But I didn't and I'm sure you totally know that laugh!

Stephanie said...

Sorry to hear about your fillings! Been there, done that, ha! (Scott's never had a cavity either. He likes to rub it in too!)

As the World "Kerns" said...

Yes, Scott sent me an email telling me to keep flossing! How would that be to never have had a cavity? Eric's had work done in the past, but hasn't needed anything for a few years now. Having babies and growing older has done interesting things to me :)