Thursday, May 5, 2011

Surprise!

My daffodils didn't freeze...they bloomed!!!

Guess who this is?? Camilla made me a pretty either necklace or headband, for mother's day. I decided to wear it in my hair today. I am beginning to come out of hiding. I have kind shown my face and self in my neighborhood this week. Getting out of the house for walks with Neal and little jaunts here and there. I think I am blooming too..starting to feel like I'm coming alive again. Me, in a different sort of way..some things are different about me, but I am still Inez..I think. For awhile I have felt like maybe some of my brain was removed when my mastectomy was performed. I haven't done any research, but I was wondering if some of a woman's brain is connected to her breast? I know I'm being silly, but I truly didn't feel much like myself.

I am getting the urge to write more and maybe blog more. I felt good when I got out of the shower today..that is usually the way I felt before, I have to have a shower to feel awake..kind of like a cup of coffee for some. I even did a bit of dancing this morning with Neal and Camilla as we prepared for breakfast. Still cold cereal...but breakfast. Reading is getting easier again...for awhile, it was a bit hard. Maybe one of these days I'll pose for a portrait...Probably not, but maybe.

So did you figure out who is in the picture???? Ha, ha...Yep, It's ME!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linde said...

So glad you are feeling better. Thanks for your note about the eye surgery. I'll call soon!

Stephanie said...

Of course it's you! You're bloomin' fabulous chick!

Stephanie said...

Ok Inez, you're overdue here. It's not like you to be away from your blog so long. I hope this means that you're feeling amazing and able to spend lots of time outside with your children enjoying a cool breeze!