Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happiness is being married to your best friend.

Days are growing shorter, Nights are getting longer.
Fall is here.
Eric is wearing his orange tie!

Somewhere in the beginning of our marriage, Eric and I purchased a little framed saying.."Happiness is being married to your best friend".  It hangs over our bed.  It's not as easy to spend time with each other the way we did before children came along and all the busyness of life.  But somehow we still manage to find moments to talk over the kitchen counter. 
I look forward to our Friday night dates.  Most of the time it doesn't matter to me what we do, just as long as I get to spend time with Eric. 
I am thankful that the Lord blessed me with the wish of my heart; to be married to my best friend.  I do believe, for me, it has made all the difference. 
I am thankful that Eric encourages me to continue to have other friends as well.  Friendship is important to me.  Being married to my best friend, and having a few close friends; does make me happy!