Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A day or two in May

These are my columbine!  I love them, they make me think of Mt. Charleston, The Farrer's house.  When we stayed there the summer of 2005, they had a little hillside covered with columbine.  Someday I want columbine to cover my planter in the back yard, for now they are in a barrel.
Spencer received a certificate of honors last week.  His grade point average stayed at or above 3.5 for three semesters.  We are so proud of him.   


Camilla was in the 2nd grade patriotic program.  We took some pictures before she left for school that morning.  Can you see the special flower in her hair?  It's red, white and blue.  She did a great job!  I love when Camilla laughs, it makes me laugh too; just thought I'd share a few pictures of her laughing.


School is almost out for the year.  We are looking forward to a bit of a summer break.  Camilla will attend some summer school in June; but she seems to be okay with that she said it will be like going back to kindergarten, since it's only a couple of hours.




5 comments:

Scott said...

My oh my! You be growing more than columbine. Your kids are so big! I can't believe how much Camilla has grown. Tell Spencer that I'm very proud of his parents, because I know that 3.5 GPA means a 4.0 parenting. Awesome!

Scotch, Scooter, Scottie, Scott.

Stephanie said...

Beautiful flowers Nez. I envy you. I have a black thumb. The only reason things grow around our home is because of Scott. CONGRATS to Spencer!!! Way to go buddy! And I think it's time I made an appt. w/the eye doctor - I'm blind - where are the flowers in Camilla's hair? I don't see anything but her beautiful smile!

Linde said...

Cute pictures. I can't believe the school year is over either, and I don't have any kids in school! :) I guess it is this snow--seems like March still. :)

As the World "Kerns" said...

Thank you Scott! LOL.
Steph, it's on top of her head..it's a fabric flower. Hee, hee.
I'm with you Linde, the year has flown by so fast, it hardly seems like Spring, let alone the beginning of summer vacation..but I'm ready for it and so are the kids!

Stephanie said...

Haha! I see it now! Thanks for pointing it out. How funny. I'd originally thought it was a plaque on the fireplace rock that she was standing in front of. I'm such a dork!