Friday, April 23, 2010

40 something

When you're in your 40's things begin to change.  Skin is not as elastic as it was in your 20's and 30's.  Life's experiences begin to show on your face and neck as lines, wrinkles, moles and age spots.  Hair begins to have gray twigs that take over the hair shafts.  When you wake up in the morning it takes some stretching and moaning to work out the kinks that linger in the joints after a night of REST.        


Being in your 40's is a HAPPY time of life.  There is much joy in the 40's.  Some people think you are old some people think you are young because you are in the middle of life somewhere.  And when you are in your 40's and married to your best friend, life is good.

When you are 46, as I am, you may one day wake up and decide that you want to change something.  For me it was my hair color.  I no longer wanted to be any form of blonde.  Or streaked blonde and gray and brunette.  I wanted something DIFFERENT.  I do that from time to time.  In the past when I felt this way I changed my furniture around, bought a new couch, moved, had a baby at 43.  But a few days ago, it was a change in hair color I wanted and since I had the opportunity given to me to do it with no cost to me, I took it.  My husband still loves me, my kids don't seem to care one way or the other and I am no longer a blonde.

So if you are in your 40's or above I'm sure you can relate in some way to what happens in your 40's.  If you haven't made it to that decade yet, just you wait and see.  When I turned 40 the adventure began and I find it very refreshing, most days.  When I am chasing after my two year old I sometimes find myself muttering.."I wish I were still in my 30's....ha, ha"

My husband entered the 40's just this last birthday and I think he is and extremely handsome 40 year old man!!!  I found this picture today, it was saved on the computer and all over again I got that feeling inside that I did when I first saw him, He is such an attractive man!!!  I love him for always encouraging me to be "ME".  I also am very glad that he is now in his 40's so he can experience the pure joy of it all!!   

8 comments:

Kevin and Tiffany Hanson said...

I like it!

As the World "Kerns" said...

Thank you Tiffany! I appreciate that.

Stephanie said...

Ok you... After reading the 1st paragraph, I was getting a little worried, and depressed (being that I'm turning 43 this year myself), but then I read the 2nd paragraph and started to feel better, haha! This post is so cute and full of "truths" Inez. I do have one suggestion, however, move your photo to the end or bottom of the post because showing the picture of yourself at the top kind of ruins the punch line, silly. Love your new look by the way - it looks like a kind of auburn color.

Stephanie said...

Oh, and I agree, that's a handsome picture of Eric as well.

As the World "Kerns" said...

Thanks Steph..true, I hadn't thought about putting the pic at the bottom. I love your new picture..so fun and carefree looking.

Steve and Sylvia Bushman Family said...

Ahhhh.....the 40's! Sad when all the time I used to spend in the kitchen is now spent in the bathroom....trying not to appear my age! Just kidding.....about the bathroom....but not the kitchen. lol! Sometimes I get sad at the sags and bags and wrinkles but then I think to myself that I'm only going to get older and wish I would have enjoyed when I was so young at 45...almost 46! I hate that so many our age are erasing their character(faces) with plastic surgery!

Coincidence or what that Shanie is living in Moon Apartments where you guys used to live? She is moving out to the Elms for spring and fall/winter. I keep meaning to send you more pictures....I will!

Linde said...

You are braver than I am. I cut my hair a few inches and tend to miss some (not all) of the lost length. :)

Yes,40's has it's pluses and minuses. Depends on the day and how tired I am. :)

As the World "Kerns" said...

Sylvia..thanks for commenting!!! I do think that is a coincidence that Shanie is in Moon..or was. You look fantastic by the way! I agree, we have to enjoy as much of our life as possible..each day.

Linde..You have amazing hair; if I had your hair, I wouldn't cut it too short either!