Sunday, September 7, 2008

Eric's Award

Hi, I posted this on my email, but thought we should also have it on the blog; just click on the links below to see the pictures and articles about the award Eric won on Thursday.

On a personal note I just wanted to say how fun it was to hear Eric talk about the surprise of receiving this award and how unexpected it was. It was great for me to read the articles and see the pictures, I can only imagine what it was like. I am proud of Eric and am thankful that he is doing something that he loves so much and makes a difference in the lives of so many. It's always a fun thing when we are somewhere and a former student spots him, they usually call out, "Mr. Kern!" then come up and either give him a high five or hug. I see that admiration in their eyes and the joy in his. I remember feeling the same way about most of my teachers, what a noble profession. Teachers take care of each other as well and we have been the recipient of their generosity many times, but especially this past year when Neal was born. Teachers from Rees as well as collegues he worked with in Las Vegas at Ober Elementary sent us money and helped us in many ways that made that time easier for us. As the spouse of a teacher, I wish they made more money, but money isn't everything and in the long run I think that learning to take care of each other is a blessing that far outweighs the $$ we live without. So way to go Mr. Kern!!! WHOOOOOOOHOOOOO from me, you are a real STAR!

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700256372,00.html

http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/279533/17/

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_10387617

4 comments:

Sanders said...

I just waved my arms in "uninhibited jubulation"!Congratulations again you two!

Linda188 said...

Hi Inz and Eric
I love the video and picture of all of your kids.Wowww Neal is doing so great.I can't wait to get to see all of you.
Love Forever Linda

Linda188 said...

Hi Eric
I am so proud of you.You are a wonderful Teachers.A wonderful Husband a wonderful dad.
Your Dad & Linda and your Mom are so proud of you.
And Inz your wife and kids,Are really proud of you.
Love Forever Linda

Joy Hollingshaus said...

Hi Nez: Congratulations to Eric!! And you---because he couldn't be the teacher he was without a spouse like you!! That is a real honor--and very deserved. Thanks for including the links to the articles.