Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A few pictures and short update

Here is a shot of Eric and I on surgery day. Waiting in a little room to be wheeled in to another waiting room for surgeon's and anesthesiologist. Yes, I'm still affected by his sexiness..Eric and the anesthesiologist. I appreciate a good looking man! My brother-in-law, Michael was kind and patient enough to wait with Eric during both of my surgeries.
These are the beautiful flowers that were waiting for me in my room after surgery! Thank you Sande.
Spencer died his hair the same color that I died mine! We are both Cherry Chocolate for now. He's such a GREAT young man.
Here's a recent picture of my mother and my daughter. They have necklaces that match. Camilla's say's Granddaughter and mom's says Grandmother. Two strong souls in my life!

The update is that I am awaiting a Oncotype DX test. Testing being done on tissue from the mastectomy to determine if I would benefit from Chemotherapy. I have met my oncologist, Nathan Rich. Went through a few hours of waiting and answering questions and feeling anxiety and enjoying the company of my sweet Lisa. I am ER and HER2 positive, which means I have been advised to take tamoxifin; but we are waiting to see what or if I need intraveinous chemotherapy. I did get my drain taken out last week and that was HEAVEN. I have felt better each day since. I am sore on my left side; feel like I'm carrying a heavy load..literally on the left side where the breast used to be. I go to the plastic surgeon again tomorrow.

I was able to go to church on Sunday with my family and that felt wonderful. I enjoyed seeing so many friends and people I love as well as feeling the Spirit of worshipping in the way I am accustom to.

Today I feel tired. Not as good as I have in the past few days, but still better than I have. I am trying to take it easier today and rest more.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wonderful pictures Nez! It's so great to see you. I laughed when you said Spencer dyed his hair the same color as you. What better way to compliment someone that by imitating them. He must really adore you -- that's so sweet! Well, YOU are so sweet. Sounds like the tax-something-or-other pill will be more do-able. Hang in there. Love ya!

Wilkinsons said...

I was not able to get over and talk to you at church but wanted to let you know that it was nice to see you. Beautiful as always! Love the haircolor! :)

Kevin and Tiffany Hanson said...

I am so glad that you are feeling as good as you are. I am sorry that you have to bear this trial. If you need anything, let me know. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers!

Linde said...

Fun to see the pictures Nez! You look great!!